[Job Offer] Post-doc position in Social Sciences
The Centre for Social Sciences and Humanities (CSH) invites applications for a Post-Doctoral research position in social sciences on a full-time basis, beginning on September 1st, 2022, for
one year (renewable for one year).
Reputed multidisciplinary research centre in social sciences on South Asia, the CSH (https://www.csh-delhi.com/) is a team of 11 full-time researchers (from both Europe and India), as well as several doctoral students and short-term visitors. It is engaged in research in all disciplines of the social sciences (anthropology, economics, geography, history, political science, sociology, urban studies, etc.).
|Job Title: CSH Research Post-doc in Social Sciences|
This post-doctoral fellowship is for a total duration of one year (renewable for one year).
The position is open to all Post-doc researchers in social sciences and humanities from India.
The CSH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Hold a PhD from a leading academic institution. The candidate should have her/his Ph. D. degree at the 1st September 2022.
- Be a promising researcher in any discipline of the social sciences and humanities, with a preference for thematic proximity with the research being already conducted at CSH.
- Ability to initiate research program, to collaborate with CSH scholars and to take responsibility for the organization of seminars.
- Willingness to seek external research funding and participate in collective research projects.
- Ability to integrate a French, Indian and international environment.
- Fluency in English and excellent written and oral skills. Knowledge of South Asian languages should be an advantage.
- The selected candidate commits to submit at least one article in an academic journal before the end of the first year of his/her contract.
Status and Remuneration:
The status is that of a full-time researcher on par with all current full-time researchers at CSH.
The monthly net salary is fixed at 80 000 INR, along with access to CSH research funds.
Application and Selection:
The candidates should send a CV (including a detailed list of publications), a brief (maximum 15,000 characters including spaces) research project and one (minimum) or two (maximum) recommendation letter(s) electronically to Neeru Gohar @ neeru[dot]gohar[at]csh-delhi[dot]com and to Amit Arora @ amit[dot]arora[at]csh-delhi[dot]com
Applications must be received by 25th April 2022 (midnight IST).
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview via video-conference (if abroad) or on the premises (if in Delhi) which will take place on the 30th and 31st May 2022. The result of the selection procedure will be transmitted to the candidates by the 1st June 2022. The position is expected to start from 1st September 2022.
Please note that CSH reserves the right not to fill the position if no candidate is deemed suitable.