Samuel Benkimoun is a Ph.D. student in Geography at Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris, France), under Dr. Eric Denis and Dr. Olivier Telle, and is a member of the joint research unit Géographies-Cités and the CSH. His research interests focus on urban geography, health issues, and spatial analysis methods. His Ph.D. dissertation investigates the potential linkages between the spread of infectious diseases and urban dynamics with a special focus on people’s mobility, urban sprawl, or neighborhood social disparities. Trained in quantitative methods, his work mainly relies on a GIS-based modeling approach, within the framework of mobility and time geography theories, with the metropolitan area of Delhi as a primary example. Apart from his Ph.D. work, he is currently working as a data analyst on the multidisciplinary research project Challineq (Challenging Inequalities), under the supervision of Prof Nicolas Gravel. He is engaged in constructing a data set out of a heterogeneous sample of 5000 household surveys on the prices (purchase or rent) and the characteristics (size, number of rooms, comfort, location, amenities…) representative of the diverse housing inequalities of Delhi.
- Benkimoun, S., Atyame, C., Haramboure, M., Degenne, P., Thébault, H., Dehecq, J. S., & Tran, A. (2021). Dynamic mapping of dengue basic reproduction number. Results in Physics, 29, 104687. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211379721007683
- Grimaud, Y., Tran, A., Benkimoun, S., Boucher, F., Esnault, O., Cêtre-Sossah, C., … & Guis, H. (2021). Spatio-temporal modelling of Culicoides Latreille (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) populations on Reunion Island (Indian Ocean). Parasites & Vectors, 14(1), 1-16. https://parasitesandvectors.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13071-021-04780-9
- Telle, O., Nikolay, B., Kumar, V., Benkimoun, S., Pal, R., Nagpal, B. N., & Paul, R. E. (2021). Social and environmental risk factors for dengue in Delhi city: A retrospective study. PLoS neglected tropical diseases, 15(2), e0009024. https://journals.plos.org/plosntds/article?id=10.1371/journal.pntd.0009024
- Paul, R., Telle, O., & Benkimoun, S. (2022). Integrating Social Sciences to Mitigate Against Covid. In Socio-Life Science and the COVID-19 Outbreak (pp. 47-71). Springer, Singapore. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-16-5727-6_3
- Benkimoun, S., Denis, E., Chalonge, L., Telle, O., & Paul, R. (2020). Évolution des mobilités et diffusion du Covid-19 en France: ce que les données Facebook dé The conversation, 18. https://theconversation.com/evolution-des-mobilites-et-diffusion-du-covid-19-en-france-ce-que-les-donnees-facebook-devoilent-137846#:~:text=Les%20donn%C3%A9es%20Facebook%20expriment%20%C3%A9galement,avec%20celles%20du%2026%20mars.
- Denis, E., Telle, O., Benkimoun, S., Mukhopadhyay, P., & Nath, S. (2020). Mapping the lockdown effects in India: how geographers can contribute to tackle Covid-19 diffusion. The Conversation. https://theconversation.com/mapping-the-lockdown-effects-in-india-how-geographers-can-contribute-to-tackle-covid-19-diffusion-136323