Jessica Pourraz holds a PhD in sociology (2019) from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS) in Paris. Her research interests focus on issues related to science, biomedicine, environment and health. Her thesis (ERC funded program “Globalmed”) dealt with pharmaceutical regulation and local production in Benin and Ghana. From 2019 to 2020, she has been a postdoctoral research fellow at the Centre Emile Durkheim-University of Bordeaux within the ANR research program “Anthropo-Phages: Viruses to cure: the difficult development of a counter-intuitive biomedical innovation”. She has examined how diverse phage-related legislations are leading to specific models of development and production of this therapy. She then obtained a two-year (2021-2023) post-doctoral contract from IFRIS (Institute for Research and Innovation in Society). Her new research project is about the health effects of air pollution in the Global South cities (Delhi in India, Accra in Ghana) explored at the intersection of the anthropology of health, science and technology studies (STS) and the political sociology of public action. Since March 2023 she has been a post-doctoral researcher at the CED at the IEP Bordeaux as part of the ANR-funded Globalsmog research programme https://www.globalsmog.org.
- Pourraz Jessica (2022), « Making medicines in post colonial Ghana: State policies, technology transfer and pharmaceuticals market», Social Science and Medicine, 311 (115360), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2022.115360
- Meier zu Biesen Carolina, Pordié Laurent, Pourraz Jessica et Gaudillière Jean-Paul (2022) « Markets, Medicines, and Health Globalization », in Global Health for All: Knowledge, Politics, and Practices, New Brunswick, New Jersey : Rutgers University Press, p. 284. ISBN : 1-978827-40-7.
- Pourraz Jessica, Haxaire Claudie et Arhinful Daniel Kojo (2021) « Strengthening national pharmaceutical regulation through local production », in Understanding Drugs Markets An Analysis of Medicines, Regulations and Pharmaceutical Systems in the Global South, London : Routledge, p. 321. (Routledge Studies in the Sociology of Health and Illness). ISBN : 978-0-367-35067-3.
- Baxerres Carine et Pourraz Jessica (2021) « Clashes between subsidized and private ACT markets When administrative, Global Health, and marketing regulations collide », in Understanding Drugs Markets An Analysis of Medicines, Regulations and Pharmaceutical Systems in the Global South, London : Routledge, p. 320. (Routledge Studies in the Sociology of Health and Illness). ISBN : 978-0-367-35067-3.
- Brives Charlotte et Pourraz Jessica (2020) « Phage therapy as a potential solution in the fight against AMR: obstacles and possible futures? », Palgrave Communications, 6 (100) (mai 19). DOI : https://doi.org/10.1057/s41599-020-0478-4.