Delphine Thivet holds a Ph.D. in philosophy (University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2008) and a Ph.D. in sociology (EHESS, Paris, 2015). From 2003 to 2004, she held a position as a Young Research Affiliate at the International Peace Research Institute, Oslo (PRIO, Norway). In 2017, she was a Post-doctoral Researcher at the Center for South Asian Studies (CEIAS) UMR8564 – CNRS/EHESS, taking part in the international collective project research (ANR/DFG) « (New) political representative claims: a global view (France, Germany, Brazil, India, China) » (CLAIMS). She has been an Associate Professor at the University of Bordeaux since 2017, in the Department of Sociology of Bordeaux University and has been Deputy Director of the Centre Émile Durkheim, Comparative Political Science, and Sociology – UMR5116 (French National Centre for Scientific Research, Sciences Po Bordeaux and Bordeaux University) from 2019 to 2021. Since 2018, she has been an associate researcher at CSH-Delhi. She is the Head of the Social Sciences Department at the French Institute of Pondicherry, UMIFRE 21 (CNRS-MEAE) – UAR3330 “Savoirs et Mondes Indiens” and is currently coordinating various multidisciplinary research programmes on the transition to sustainable agriculture and mitigation to climate change in agriculture.
- Bureau-Point Ève, Barthélémy, Carole, Demeulenaere Elise, Doudou Dimi, Thivet Delphine, “Les mondes agricoles face au problème des pesticides. Compromis, ajustements et négociations. Introduction au dossier ”, VertigO : La Revue Électronique en Sciences de l’Environnement, VertigO, 2021, Les mondes agricoles face au problème des pesticides, 21 (3), ⟨10.4000/vertigo.34625⟩
- Bernard de Raymond Antoine, Thivet Delphine(ed.), “Un monde sans faim? Gouverner la sécurité alimentaire au 21e siècle”, Paris, Presses de Sciences Po, 2021.
- Saint-Ges Veronique, Tanguy Corinne, Thivet Delphine (ed.), “Innovations in Agri-food Systems – International Trends”, Journal of Innovation Economics & Management, De Boeck Supérieur 2021, p.1-5.
- Thivet Delphine, “To ‘Live a Life of Dignity: Food Sovereignty, Agroecology and the Power of International Solidarity”, in Dutta Hazarika Sujata (ed.), Hunger Games: Warring Farmers and the Violence of Sustenance, Synergy Books India, 2020, p.50-60.
- Cabalion Joël, Thivet Delphine, “Who Speaks for the Village? Representing and Practicing the ‘Rural’ in India from the Colonial to the Post-Colonial”, Introduction, South Asia Multidisciplinary Academic Journal (online), 21, 2019.