Post-Doctoral Position in Social Sciences on: Challenging Inequalities, An Indo-European Perspective
The Centre de Sciences Humaines (CSH) invites applications for a Post-Doctoral research position on a full-time basis beginning on September 1st, 2019, for a one-year term, renewable for one or two years, provided the first year is successfully evaluated.
The post-doctoral research fellowship is offered within the frame of the CHALLINEQ project (see the description of the project) which aims at addressing the many challenges that economic and social inequalities are posing to both India and Europe. Because of this, the fellowship is offered to a scholar who has a research project and an expertise that can address these challenges. Like any other researchers in the centre, the successful candidate will participate in the activities of the CSH and contribute to its intellectual and scientific development. S/he should be a promising young scholar with extremely high publication potential/record in her/his discipline or field(s) of specialization. The fellow will benefit from adequate research funding to cover fieldwork, collaboration with co-authors, data acquisition and participation to high level conferences.
CSH Research Post-doc – Challenging Inequalities
Post-doctoral fellowship, production of research of the highest international standard in the discipline and field of specialization of the candidate, participation to the scientific life of the center.
- PhD from a premier academic institution in India or elsewhere (the candidate should have successfully defended her/his thesis at the time of application)
- Be a promising researcher with a publication potential/credential of the highest international standard in any discipline of the social sciences and humanities, with an almost lexicographic preferences for research themes that fits in the CHALLINEQ agend
- Capacity to initiate research program, and to collaborate with CSH scholar
- Willingness to search for research funding and participate to collective research projects
- Responsiveness, flexibility and ability to integrate a French and international environment Fluency in English and excellent written and oral skills
Status and remuneration:
- The status is that of a full-time researcher on a par with all current full-time researchers at CSH
- The monthly net salary is 80 000 INR, along with access to CSH research funds
- The CSH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through gender and ethnic diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Application and Selection:
The candidates should send a CV (including a detailed list of publications), a brief (no more than 4 pages) research project and one or two recommendation letter(s), electronically to Neeru Gohar (email@example.com) and Amit Arora (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the CSH.
Applications must be received electronically before the 30th of June 2019 (midnight, Delhi time
UTC+05:30 ). Preselected candidates will be contacted for an interview via video-conference (if abroad) or on the premises (if in Delhi) in July, and the result of the selection procedure will be transmitted to the candidates before July 31st. Please note that CSH reserves the right not to fill the position if deemed appropriate.