[Job Offer] Research Assistant in data mining and management
The Centre de Sciences Humaines (CSH) invites applications for research assistant in data mining and management on a full-time basis, starting on 1st September 2019.
- Compile/tabulate/document and/or verify some historical data from various fields and secondary sources in order to build or consolidate consistent time-series on the Indian States agri-food economy (from population or land-use to diets and GDP).
- Contribute to statistical analyses and bio-economic modelling
- Documentation (databases, codes) and report writing (results)
Expected qualifications & requirements
- Post-graduation in statistics, computer science, economics, agriculture-rural development or any other related fields with specialization and experience in data mining, database management and/or data analysis
- Good knowledge and experience in data processing and computer programming in various software (Excel, Access, SAS, R, Stata …)
- Knowledge and experience in agriculture economics and econometrics will be an added advantage
- Interest in agriculture, livestock, poverty and environmental issues
- Discipline, curiosity, sense of initiative and ability to work in a team
- Strict confidentiality: no use or dissemination of databases, codes and results outside the project mentioned above
Duration of contract
4-month contract, from 1st September 2019 to 31st December 2019
Between 45,000 to 65,000 Rupees (all-inclusive, full-time job) according to degree and professional experience.
Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS, Gvt of Andhra Pradesh: http://apzbnf.in/about-ryss), under the scientific supervision of Dr. Bruno Dorin (CIRAD, France; CSH, New Delhi).
Place of Work
New Delhi (CSH) with travel to A.P. and other places in India as required by the project.
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page), detailed CV and letters of recommendation (if any) in PDF format, zipped into a single file named with the family name then the first name (“FAMILY_FirstName.zip”), to be sent to amit[dot]arora[at]csh-delhi[dot]com with copy to: bruno[dot]dorin[at]csh-delhi[dot]com and zbnf[dot]research[at]gmail[dot]com
- Deadline: 25th August 2019, midnight (Indian time)
- Only short listed candidates will be intimated about the date of interview with Dr. B. Dorin