1. Exploring Indian Modernities: Ideas and Practices (ed) by Parul Bhandari and Leïla Choukroune (Springer, Singapore, 2018).
2. Makings of Modern Marriage: Choice, Family, and the Matchmakers by Parul Bhandari and Leïla Choukroune (ed) ‘Exploring Indian Modernities: Ideas and Practices’ (Springer, forthcoming).
3. ‘Introduction’ in Changing Family Realities in South Asia (ed) by Parul Bhandari and Fritzi-Marie Titzmann in South Asia Multidisciplinary Academic Journal (SAMAJ, issue 16, 2017).
4. ‘Pre-Marital Relationships and the Family in Modern India’ in Parul Bhandari and Fritzi-Marie Titzmann (ed) special issue Changing Family Realities in South Asia in South Asia Multidisciplinary Academic Journal (SAMAJ, issue 16, 2017).
5. Towards a Sociology of Elites: Marriage Alliances, Vulnerabilities, and Resistance in Bollywood in ‘Society and Culture in South Asia’, Vol 3, Issue 1, January 2017.
1. BBC Worldservice “Crowdscience” Does Technology Change the way we fall in Love? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cswc8j
2. “Inside the BIg Fat Indian Wedding” The Conversation. https://theconversation.com/inside-the-big-fat-indian-wedding-conservatism-competition-and-networks-70678
3. “Inside India’s Elite Kitty Parties”. Quartz. https://qz.com/599694/a-peek-inside-modern-day-elite-kitty-parties/
4. “If Only Daddy Says ‘Yes'”. The Indian Express. http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/only-if-daddy-says-yes/
5. “Schooled for the Big Day“. Channel NewsAsia. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on-demand/cram-course-asia/schooled-for-the-big-day-10841420
Dr. Parul Bhandari has been quoted in several magazine articles and books, including:
– “Le mariage indien a l’epreuve du net” (01NET)
– James Crabtree’s book “The Billionaire Raj”.