[Job Offer] Post-doc position in Social Sciences
The Centre for Social Sciences and Humanities (CSH) invites applications for a Post-Doctoral research position in social sciences on a full-time basis, beginning on April 1st, 2020, for a one-year term, renewable for one or two years provided the first year is successfully evaluated.
Reputed multidisciplinary research centre in social sciences on South Asia, the CSH (http://www.csh-delhi.com/) is a dynamic team of 11 full-time researchers (from both Europe and India), as well as several doctoral students and short-term visitors. It is engaged in top-quality research in all disciplines of the social sciences (anthropology, economics, geography, history, political science and sociology).
The successful candidate will participate in the scientific activities of the CSH. S/he will therefore present and publish her/his research, and launch new research projects. S/he will also participate in all our collective activities (seminars, workshops, etc.). S/he should be a promising young scholar with extremely high publication potential/record in her/his discipline or fields of specialization. The fellow will benefit from adequate research funding to cover fieldwork, collaboration with co-authors, data acquisition and participation to high-level conferences. Everything else being the same, a preference shall be given to a candidate whose research program fits in the main areas of scientific visibility of the Centre as described on our website.
|Job Title: CSH Research Post-doc in Social Sciences|
Post-doctoral fellowship, production of research of the highest international standard in the discipline and field of specialization of the candidate, participation to the scientific life of the center.
- PhD from a premier academic institution (the candidate should have her/his Ph. D. when beginning the position).
- Be a promising researcher with a publication potential/credential of the highest international standard in any discipline of the social sciences and humanities, with a preference for thematic proximity with the research already conducted at CSH.
- Capacity to initiate research program, and to collaborate with CSH scholars.
- Willingness to seek external research funding and participate in collective research projects.
- Responsiveness, flexibility and ability to integrate a French and international environment.
- Fluency in English and excellent written and oral skills.
Status and Remuneration
- The status is that of a full-time researcher on par with all current full-time researchers at CSH.
- The monthly net salary is 80 000 INR, along with access to CSH research funds.
- The CSH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through gender and ethnic diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Application and Selection:
The candidates should send a CV (including a detailed list of publications), a brief (no more than 4 pages) research project and one (minimum) or two (maximum) recommendation letter(s) electronically to Neeru Gohar neeru[dot]gohar[at]csh-delhi[dot]com and to Amit Arora amit[dot]arora[at]csh-delhi[dot]com
Applications must be received by 31st January 2020 (midnight Delhi time).
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview via video-conference (if abroad) or on the premises (if in Delhi) in late February, and the result of the selection procedure will be transmitted to the candidates by March 6th, 2020. Please note that CSH reserves the right not to fill the position if no candidate is deemed suitable.